The studio is available for commercial hire with an engineer or assistant engineer.
– Three live rooms; Studio 1 has 12ft high ceilings, and variable acoustics
– Studios 2 and 3 have a drier acoustic for a more focused sound
– Central control room linked to all studios
– Large-format Calrec vintage analogue mixing desk with 72 Inputs
– Otari MTR-90 MKII 2″ 24-Track Tape Machine
– Plate Reverb, Spring Reverb, Space Echo
– Large collection of new and vintage microphones, including the famous Neumann U47
– Large collection of vintage and new analogue outboard equipment (Neve, API, UREI, Teletronix etc.)
– Yamaha C6 Grand Piano in concert piano condition, 2x Upright pianos, Fender Rhodes, Prophet-5, Prophet 08, Yamaha CS-10, Roland Juno 106
– Pro-tools HD recording system
– Parking for two cars and easy access to load in and out
Discounts are available for current students looking to book outside of our usual operating hours, as well as for recent alumni. Email email@example.com to discuss.
The GMS is happy to recommend a mastering service courtesy of our own engineer Nicholas Powell. Using a range of analogue and digital equipment he is able to get your mixes ready for a digital release.