Goldsmiths was the heritage partner for We Are Lewisham, London Borough of Culture 2022.
In Living Memory celebrated Lewisham’s diversity and heritage for London Borough of Culture 2022. It empowered Lewisham’s communities to tell their own stories, presenting them through traditional means as well as artistic and cultural activities and events.
Six community-led projects selected from around 70 expressions of interest were supported to undertake primary research into their chosen topic, gathering the memories of local people and sharing them through striking cultural activities across 2022.
The community-led projects received training, academic advice, access to Goldsmiths campus and library, support from our talented students and guidance to help them realise their creative ambitions.
Goldsmiths also produced a seventh project, The Memory Store, A pop up stall in Lewisham Shopping Centre that collected local people’s stories and memories of the centre.
- Dr John Price – Senior Lecturer in the Department of History at Goldsmiths and Academic Lead
- Will Cenci – Public Engagement Manager at Goldsmiths and Programme Manager
- Kellie Blake – Senior Producer, London Borough of Lewisham
- Benjamin Prideaux – Videographer and Engagement Assistant
- Nicky Donald – Founder of Hybrid Histories and Technology Lead
This is a We Are Lewisham project: