Alex Jordan

The Process

For this year’s exhibition I am submitting the same piece as last year as I am intrigued by the metamorphosis of the soft sculpture across the year.

Previously, I proposed it explored the ‘unsettled and confused feelings that have arisen from personal therapy and the experience of training as an art psychotherapist. The ‘limbs’ often contort in knots and uncomfortable twists, reflecting the difficult process of introspection.’

This year, although some knots remain, others have loosened, with limbs working their way free. As I finish my final year as a trainee, I can feel this reflecting my development of my approach to difficulties in therapy and shifting into a different state of being as an art psychotherapist.

Alex Jordan                                                                                                     The Process

Email: alexandrajordandesign@gmail.com

www.alexandrajordandesign.com

3 comments

1. I thought this was a great piece when I saw it last year. Brilliant to see it again a year later, precisely for the reasons you mention and for how it’s changed whilst still having that recognisable something about it.

2. Great picture and love the concept, hang loose baby! Well done on all your discoveries and growth, you’re the best X