Professor Thalia Eley

Prof ThaliaClose collaborator

@thaliaeley

Main website

Biography

I am Professor of Developmental Behavioural Genetics at the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience, King’s College London. I direct the Emotional Development, Intervention and Treatment (EDIT) lab, and my work focuses on the interplay between genetic and environmental factors in the development and treatment of anxiety, depression, and related outcomes such as sleep problems. My work is highly interdisciplinary using both the twin design and molecular genetic approaches, and drawing on cognitive, clinical and developmental psychology.

I have written over 120 empirical papers and received numerous awards including the Spearman Medal from the British Psychological Society, the Lilly-Molecular Psychiatry Award, and most recently the James Shields Lifetime Achievement Award from the International Society for Twin Studies. I am one of the leads of the Genetic Links to Anxiety and Depression (GLAD) Study, am Director of the Twins Early Development Study (TEDS) and am one of the Chairs of the Psychiatric Genomics Consortium Anxiety Group. I am particularly interested in finding ways in which genetic approaches can inform psychological practise as well as theory.

My team regularly blog about our science, and you can read these here.

Icon made by Pixel perfect from flaticon