Categories
Journalism

GiGi Magazine – “Life’s a drag.”

By Tasha Hardwicke-Hunter, Gemma A Romain, Olivia Miraglia Mello, Joana Ndoka, Nuruz Uddi and Chantelle Lewis

GiGi is an online publication exclusively dedicated to the flamboyant world that is drag, produced as a part of the final-year journalism practice module. GiGi explores and represents the diversity, beauty, history, lifestyle, culture, and extraordinariness that drag has to offer.

A one-of-a-kind magazine, GiGi provides a variety of content, from exclusive insights into the lives of queens and kings from around the world to beginners guide to drag and its history, all with the aim to bring visibility and to celebrate inner and outer beauty.

GiGi is lead by editor and website curator, Tasha Hardwicke-Hunter, sub-editor, Gemma A Romain, co-social media editors, Olivia Miraglia Mello and Joana Ndoka, digital editor, Nuruz Uddin and managing editor, Chantelle Lewis.

‘In the Closet of Pasta Parisa’ by Gemma A Romain

Dive into Pasta Parisa’s fabulous closet and discover the inspiration behind 3 fashionable outfits. Stay seated to watch her rock them in her own at-home studio!

‘The Drag Queens Revolutionising the Brazilian Music Industry’ by Olivia Miraglia Mello

Image of Brazilian singer Reddy

From marginalised groups to national and international stars, Brazilian drag singers are opening doors within the music industry, breaking barriers, and conquering spaces unlike anywhere else in the world…. Read more.

‘Violetta J’adore: “Drag was a revelation for me that I stumbled upon by pure accident. Now I can’t live without it.”’ by Joana Ndoka

Image of Violetta J’adore

To see more of this final-year journalism project, visit Gigi Magazine’s website.