Alison Goodwin

I am a first-year art psychotherapy student. As the pandemic began, I started to use my Instagram account to post a ‘photo of the day’. These are images of something that caught my attention or illustrated a thought in my head. As we face so many unknowns during this time of change, I wanted to document the day to day of what I see and feel as I journey around a changed world.

Blurred black and white photograph
It’s all a bit of a blur
Early on in lockdown I accidentally took this photograph while I was running. I felt it captured something of the uncertainty that lay ahead.                                                                                                            B&W photograph.

Black and Photograph of cracked glass
Broken or Beautiful?
I was drawn to the beautiful patterns made by this broken window. This led me to think about what beauty can still be found in things that have been broken.
B&W Photograph

Black and white photograph of a wooden frame
What is framing your perspective?
As part of some coursework I created a frame out of twigs and bits of bark and took numerous photographs with it. I used it to think about the therapeutic frame we create as art psychotherapists and I wondered what was framing people’s perspective during this pandemic.
B&W Photograph

Instagram: @looking4rainbows